Sunday, August 25, 2013

The Healing Power of Gratitude

I thinked a good thought earlier tonight.

I've been praying for a lot of things lately--some big, some small. Often, those things will work out. When I realize that after the fact, I realize that it was an answered prayer; when I recognize that, I try to remember to thank God immediately so that He and I can feel my gratitude. It seems like a healthy habit to get into--returning thanks for blessings instead of accepting them and moving on without another thought.

That's when I realized something else. I think that being grateful and expressing gratitude is softening my heart towards God, which is yet another thing that I've been praying for. I feel less defensive and more open. Softer. It feels like a small thing, but it's a tender mercy and represents progress.

Gratitude is great! I hope the trend continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment