Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Have I Done Any Good in the World? Day 1

Last year or so ago, I did a 30 Days of Thanksgiving gratitude challenge. I don't have a certain number of days I'll be doing this, but I'd like to try another challenge: recognizing the good that I contribute to the world.

Life gets heavy sometimes, and it's hard to focus on the good things. I think that it could be a good exercise to improve self-esteem, so I'm going to try it.

Have I done any good in the world today?
Have I helped anyone in need?
Have I cheered up the sad and made someone feel glad?
If not, I have failed indeed.
Has anyone's burden been lighter today because I was willing to share?
Have the sick and the weary been helped on their way?
When they needed my help was I there?

There are chances for work all around just now,
Opportunities right in our way.
Do not let them pass by, saying, "Sometime I'll try,"
But go and do something today.
'Tis noble of man to work and to give; love's labor has merit alone.
Only he who does something helps others to live.
To God each good work will be known.
--Have I Done Any Good, hymn

Some good things I've contributed to the world in the last 24 hours:
- I've been a good listener for a couple of my friends (which blessed me in return).
- I sent a friend all the pictures I took of her and her husband at their wedding.
- I brought my husband lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment