Friday, May 27, 2011

"I See the Light"

I've been in a thoughtful and occasionally sappy mood today. My roommate is getting hitched! So I was thinking about this song from Disney's movie Tangled (it ties for my favorite movie ever) and some of its possible applications.


Here's the lyrics, courtesy of the Sweets Lyrics website
All those days watching from the windows
All those years outside looking in
All that time never even knowing
Just how blind I've been
Now I'm here, blinking in the starlight
Now I'm here, suddenly I see
Standing here, it's all so clear
I'm where I'm meant to be

And at last I see the light
And it's like the fog has lifted
And at last I see the light
And it's like the sky is new
And it's warm and real and bright
And the world has somehow shifted
All at once everything looks different
Now that I see you

All those days chasing down a daydream
All those years living in a blur
All that time never truly seeing
Things, the way they were
Now she's here shining in the starlight
Now she's here, suddenly I know
If she's here it's crystal clear
I'm where I'm meant to go

etc

Spiritual application: I wonder if that's kinda like what getting to heaven will be like. Here, in this part of life on earth, we largely walk by the light of faith; and faith gets us through and shapes who we become. But by comparison, in heaven it will all be there, plain to see. I imagine that some things will make more sense in that light, or from that perspective. I bet it will feel "warm and real and bright", and I'm guessing that heaven will have a very familiar feel about it. Light is such a fantastic analogy in the gospel: when we have light, we can see and understand what's around us. Now, this all said, I don't think that heaven will necessarily feel like another world; I believe that we can cultivate the light we have in our lives to the point where we can get very close to what we'll find there. 

..."other" application: I can't wait to be in love with someone forever! Haha. I do think that the kind of person I want to marry is someone who is my "other half," who makes my life more full, complete, and whole by being in it. Someone who helps me to see the full view and thus brings more light into my life. My most important relationship is with my Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ, and I want a husband who is the same way, because that will bring us closer together :) 

Anyway, I really like this song, so I thought I'd share it.

No comments:

Post a Comment