Sunday, June 12, 2011

Late-Night Randoms

I made my grandma's recipe for taco soup yesterday and finished it tonight. It's so good!! A pound of ground beef, taco seasoning, onion, and an assortment of canned vegetables, legumes and tomato products, with shredded cheddar cheese mixed (and melted) into it. Mmm... So tasty, and especially considering that it's mostly from cans. I've only made it twice; next time, I'd like to try adding fresh cilantro and maybe a touch of lime juice.

I've been shuffling through my iTunes music for the last couple days, and I've got to say that I've got some great music. On a more humble note, I've gotten a lot of music recommendations from friends over the years, and I've got music for pretty much any mood I find myself in. One that I listened to today was "One True Summer Night" by Rex Goudie, which I didn't fully understand/appreciate until my first summer in college:
It's not a perfect parallel. But it's a song I'd heard before that summer and then identified with it.

Also, I've got to sleep on the couch again. I'm moving in 4 days, so I tried to start packing early (figuring that was the smart way to go). Unfortunately... that meant that a lot of my bed was taken up by clothes and suitcases for a couple nights while I was sorting them. I finally got it cleared off for the last night or two, then got home around midnight on Saturday and remembered that my bed had been taken over by laundry that afternoon. Oops.

Time to be responsible. Hello, couch...

No comments:

Post a Comment