Monday, August 29, 2011

Back to Basics

I was thinking a little about my blog this summer, and I realized that I haven't stayed completely true to my mission of this blog. I think it's fine to post things that weigh on my mind once in a while, but I created this blog to share with other people ways to be happy in day-to-day life, and I feel like in my posting, I've lost sight of that.

So, here's some awesome things about today:
- I had a religion class with my favorite professor on campus. His class sounds intriguing and challenging, and I'm looking forward to it!
- I found a fun dance class that I really want to sign up for now! (Now I just need to find a man to add the class with me...)
- My next dance class has a lot of familiar faces in it, including some great dance friends of mine. I'm looking forward to learning and growing with them this semester! And having fun :)
- The teacher for my harder class seems super nice and eager to help us succeed! He said "I don't want this class to feel like it's the students against the teacher; it's us against the material, because it's already hard enough without me trying to make it more confusing." Looking forward to working hard here as well. (...did I really just say that?)
- I ran into SO MANY friends on campus today! It was great to see some friends from dance, my study abroad, and even from freshman year! I love being around people, and campus is packed now that fall semester is getting underway.
- It was a hot day, but it's beautiful!
- I went grocery shopping, and picked up some raw ingredients to be creative with, annnnnd to attempt my own variants of Austrian cooking with. We'll see how that works out - it likely won't be very authentic Austrian, but it will likely be delicious anyway.

So, I'm back to working hard and focusing on the positive! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment