Sunday, August 28, 2011

Here I Go Again...

It's the eve of yet another semester. I haven't been getting enough sleep, so I do need to go to bed early... But part of me would also like to sit on the stairs outside for a few minutes to breathe in the last lungfuls of summer. I can't believe how much has happened in just a few months! I went to the other side of the world, and I've grown and learned so much about the world and about myself: my perspectives on people and the world in general have changed, and I feel more motivated and passionate about what I'm doing with my life; I want to cut out the extra baggage and focus on the things that matter most; I spent time at home and had a chance to re-center myself in my family as well as (over the course of the summer) in the gospel of Jesus Christ.

What am I going to do now? I'm not sure what challenges this coming semester will hold for me. I might guess that I'll continually be working on daily motivation to do unpleasant or tedious homework or that I'll be conquering my lingering shyness, but hey - those are things that I make progress in over time, and I'm getting better! It doesn't need to be a point of concern that I don't know what the semester will bring, because Jesus Christ does know, and He's said that I can do it. I know that as I am obedient to the commandments He's given me, He will help me, and I can do ANYTHING that I need to do. I want to love people, I want to work hard, and I want to come to know my Savior (dangerous words, because I've gotten to know Him best as I turn to Him in trials).

Time keeps moving forward, with or without me, and the hour's getting later. So I'll step out into the rain-washed summer night, take a deep breath, let it out slowly, then return inside and get ready for the next semester.

Saw this as I moved back into my apartment. Remember the promise :)

No comments:

Post a Comment