Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Creative Cooking


Sometimes I surprise my roommates by my creativity in the kitchen. Like I've mentioned before, they were also initially startled at the lack of variety in my tastes from growing up... like never having muenster, brie, or gouda until I got to college, having subsisted only on (basically) cheddar, mozzarella, and parmesan cheese previously. But what provokes even more head-shaking isn't what I've tried before... it's how I try it, often in unusual combinations :P

"Fail Cake"
When I was little, I remember loving cheddar cheese and grape jam sandwiches. I liked layering it on thick so I could better taste the variety in texture and flavor. Last month I had an idea for a pretty normal-sounding cake, but I had problems physically composing the layers of cake, chocolate frosting and vanilla pudding. This is a picture of the delicious mess I dubbed "fail cake". Earlier this week I wanted to add some pizazz to my simple mac and cheese meal... So I mixed in some jalepeƱo jelly, some extra cheddar cheese, and chili powder. I was proud of myself - it actually turned out pretty good! And somewhat normal...

No comments:

Post a Comment