Thursday, February 17, 2011

Thoughts on a Thursday Night

It's Thursday night, and I have a hard time remembering where the past week went...

For one, I've spent way too many nights this week falling asleep on the couch at 2am because I was too distracted to go to bed at midnight. Probably has a causal relationship with my memory issue.. :)

A change of perspective helps so much. I learned a few things from my dad this week, made a few connections within myself, and am doing better with trusting Heavenly Father. Love leads us to become more Christlike, so if I'm motivated by love, then that's a good thing... It makes it so much easier to do something hard when I can equate love for someone with doing that hard thing because it'll help them :) Now I'm happy to do this hard thing. 

Also, I'm learning how staying on top of busyness isn't the only challenging part of life... Knowing how to use the duller moments is important too! For some reason I've had a lot of free time this week, and figuring how to manage that time is as important (if not more so, potentially) as managing the more stressful periods. Getting out and taking initiative is a great thing: hard work and service are both divine principles. 

I've got a lot to look forward to - now I just need to go out, prepare, and do it!

(PS: That big-news-thing I briefly wrote about a few posts ago... Well, this is it: I'm going to Austria this summer!! I'm soooo excited :D )

No comments:

Post a Comment